Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Raleigh Wide Open - October 24, 2009

After the storm, it took a while before they started letting people back into New Orleans. When I finally got in to the city to see my house…well…I ruined both the pairs of shoes I had with me trying to walk through the house and assess the damage for the insurance guys. I drove in my stocking feet a long way out of the city before I found a shoe store that was still in business and I went in there in my stocking feet singing “The Angels Wanna Wear My Red Shoes,” and bought these sneakers. I loved these shoes and they made me feel a little better for no reason I can exactly explain. I tore the side out of the right shoe stepping over the corner of the stage at a John D. Holeman concert in Clayton, North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment