Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Me and Roy

I always liked this picture because I look so much like my Dad here…


This used to be a picture of me with Roy Book Binder at the Augusta Heritage Center at Davis and Elkins College in Elkins, West Virginia. The picture was taken with a disposable camera I had in my pocket by a stranger who happened to pass by at that moment . I asked politely and the stranger (a stranger no more - in the best Willie Rogers sense of the situation) snapped the photo.

I wish I could remember all of what happened next. Someone needed a photo to do some advertising for a show and I had this photo in my guitar case so I let them scan it and use it for something online…since Roy wasn’t going to be part of the deal, he got cropped out. The picture was posted online and everyone was happy. A few years later, after Katrina got everything in the divorce, I searched around desperately on the internet to find evidence that I existed before August of 2005 and found what was left of this picture…

You needed to know all of that to know that I’ve glibly titled this photo of me:

”Me and Roy.”

Davis and Elkins College, Elkins, West Virginia - July of 1997…maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment